Founder of Aumakua & Clinic Director
As a primary healthcare physician, Dr. Groenewoud is committed to helping every patient maintain or achieve optimal health. She is always looking to uncover the cause of her patients’ dysfunction or imbalance. With this information, she then devises an individualized treatment plan to maximize her patient’s health, vitality, and quality of life. Her goal is to ensure her patients are provided with a setting in which they feel comfortable and confident to ask questions and answered in a way that is easy to understand. Patients will leave her office feeling motivated to make the necessary changes on their path to well being. Dr. Groenewoud ND is the author and founder of Aumakua’s The Thrive Program as well as Medical Director of Aumakua Integrated Wellness Clinic.
Dr. Groenewoud is well versed in treating the following conditions, using the modalities listed below in her treatment plans:
- Hormone Health: Adrenal insufficiency/ Burn out, Hypo or Hyper thyroid, PMS, Menopause, Vaginal dryness, Peri-Menopause, PCOS, Infertility, Repeat miscarriage, Dysmenorrhea, Establishing a cycle post BCP use.
- Bio-Identical Hormones: Dr. Groenewoud has undergone extended studies to use Bio-identical hormones in establishing hormone balance.
- Digestive Health: IBS, SIBO, Malabsorption, Ileocecal valve dysfunction, Constipation, Diarrhea, Acid Reflux, Bloating, Gas, Stomach Pain, Food Sensitivities and testing for bacterial, fungal or parasitic overgrowth
- Autoimmune Dysfunction: RA, Lupus, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Sjogrens and Hashimotos. Experienced using Low Dose Naltrexone
- Cardiovascular Health: Hypertension, atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, family history and risk reduction.
- Mental Health: Anxiety, Depression.
- Allergy Relief and Correction: Food, Seasonal, Environmental, Eczema
- Urinary Tract Health: Recurrent UTI’s, Frequent urination, Interstitial cystitis
- Detoxification: Liver detoxification and seasonal cleanses
- Skin Care: Eczema, Anti-aging, Acne, Rosacea, Melasma, Hyper pigmentation, Scarring
- State of the Art Laboratory Testing: Micronutrients, hormones (blood, saliva and urine), Genetic, Cardiovascular, Stool Analysis
- Chelation Therapy: Removing toxic metals
- Intravenous Nutrient Therapies: Exceptional for compromised absorption, adrenal burn out and immune compromise.
Dr. Groenewoud is currently continuing her studies and is a candidate for a Masters degree in Metabolic and Nutritional Medicine from the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. In conjunction, she is also writing a book on the four pillars of health with a special emphasis on women’s health and hormones.
Dr. Natalie Groenewoud ND is a licensed naturopathic physician in good standing with both the College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC (CNPBC) and the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA). She is also a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Physicians (CAND), the Bowen College and the International Society of Chelation Technicians.