- coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- 6 oz. turkey bacon, chopped
- 3 cups stemmed and chopped kale
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10-inch pie plate with coconut oil. Cook the turkey bacon, kale, zucchini, and onion in a skillet over medium heat for 8 minutes, until the bacon is cooked through and the vegetables have softened. Drain and transfer to the prepared pie plate. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the bacon mixture. Bake for 30 minutes, until the center is set but slightly soft. Allow the quiche to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Danielle Walkers. “quiche with bacon, zucchini and chard.” in Against All Grain. Gluten-free, Dairy-free, and Paleo Recipes to Make Anytime. pg. 58. Print.