- 1 lbs. wild caught whole salmon fillet
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut roughly into florets
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into quarters
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- food processor recommended but could use with knife and cutting board.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the salmon fillet on it. Dry with a paper towel. Whisk the oil, lime zest and garlic together. Pour the mixture over the salmon fillet and salt the pepper liberally. Bake for 10-14 minutes, until just cooked through, but not dry. Squeeze lime juice over the top and serve warm.
Meanwhile, put your onion (for cauliflower rice) in food processor and chop it finely. Add roughly chopped cauliflower to the food processor. Process until uniformly chopped. Heat some oil in a medium pot or cast iron skillet. Add cauliflower/onion mixture and stir it up. Keep the pan HOT. Squeeze in some lemon juice and add sea salt and pepper, stir it around let it keep cooking until it’s tender but still just a little “toothsome”. Add Cauliflower rice to plate with cooked salmon and serve.
- Recipe adapted from “Garlic Lime Oven Baked Salmon – A Spicy Perspective.” A Spicy Perspective RSS2. 28 Apr. 2014. Web. 15 Oct. 2015. <http://www.aspicyperspective.com/oven-baked-salmon/>.
- Recipe adapted from “Making Cauliflower Rice: 3 Different Ways – And Here We Are.” And Here We Are. 01 Feb. 2014. Web. 15 Oct. 2015. <http://andhereweare.net/2014/02/making-cauliflower-rice-3-ways.html/>.