- 5 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 breasts skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. fresh orange juice.
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer cooked quinoa to a large bowl and let cool. Pour olive oil into a large skilled over medium heat. Add chicken and roasted garlic, stirring it to coat with oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt. Stir and cook until chicken is done, approximately 8 minutes. Add cooked chicken oranges, and avocado to the quinoa. Stir to combine. Set aside For the dressing: whisk all of the ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss to coat evenly. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from “Citrus Chicken Quinoa Salad. – Sallys Baking Addiction.” Sallys Baking Addiction RSS2. 12 June 2014. Web. 26 Oct. 2015. <http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/06/12/citrus-chicken-quinoa-salad/>.