View Fermenting Foods First
The fermented beets in this recipe are wonderful but the feature is really the fermented juice
that is made during the process. It is a great digestive tonic and can be used as a delicious
vinegar in salad dressings. Additional options to add before filling the jars could be ginger,
lemon, orange, or spices.
- 4 large or 6 medium beets, peeled and chopped roughly
- 5 tbsp sea salt
- Clean and chop beets into quarters.
- Combine the sea salt and chopped beets and place in the glass jars.
- Fill the jars with water and stir to dissolve salt.
- Cover and store in a warm spot
- Leave to ferment and when taste is to your liking, store in the fridge to stop the fermentation process.